Saturday, July 7, 2012

Box o' birds on Upper Queen Street


John Adam gave me the heads-up recently about another piece of street art in the central city. It took me a wee while to sort out my journeys, but yesterday I had a bit of time, a HOP card for free transport on the Inner Link bus -- and stepped off the bus at Myers Park.


Hau Te Kapapaka - The Flapping Wind is the name for this work in bronze and paint by Rachel Walters (2011).  Personally, I call it "Birds in a Box". Heck of a realistic box, an' all.

I missed the other sculpture (but hopefully will catch up with it), of a bird in a paper bag.










2 comments:

  1. Now this is what I call EXCELLENT! Love the stilt legs and the beaks sticking out.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. John/Blue MountainsJuly 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM

    I think it's great too. I love coming across such 'cheeky' little bits of street art like this. Always raises a smile!

    ReplyDelete